We’re excited to announce that we will restart our scholarship program for the 2021-2022 school year! Applications are open as of 2/16/2020.
During the current crisis, TSER decided to restart our scholarship program. This is the only national scholarship program exclusively for trans students. If you’re a trans student looking for scholarships, you’ve come to the right place! We will provide several scholarships to students across the country (total amounts will be determined based on the number of awardees).
Applications must be submitted by
April 5th April 12th, 2021 and finalists will be notified in mid-may, 2021. We encourage you to submit your application early as we will contact finalists on a rolling basis.
If you’re not eligible, there are still plenty of ways to help! We’re looking for scholarship reviewers from any background. Just email tser [at] transstudent.org that you would like to be a reviewer and we’d be happy to include you!
We’re still seeking donations, too! If you or anyone you know is interested in becoming a scholarship sponsor or donor, you can also donate directly to our scholarship fund on our donation page (just be sure to comment “scholarships” when donating). If you’d like to sponsor a full, named scholarship, please email us directly ($500 minimum). Donations are tax-deductible and 100% will go to the scholarship fund.
Applications are now closed. Please check back in early 2022 for our 2022-2023 scholarship program.
General Eligibility Rules and Requirements:
• Student must be enrolled in an accredited nonprofit United States college or university for the 2021-2022 school year (you may also request deferment for up to 1 year). Community/2-year college and graduate school students are eligible.
• Openly identifies as trans, gender diverse, nonbinary, two spirit, Hijra, and/or within the trans community (please contact us if you feel that you/your identity should also be included in this list)
• Has financial need
• Can be documented or undocumented
Who Is Not Eligible:
• Cisgender people
• People not enrolled in an accredited nonprofit United States college for the 2021-2022 school year
• People without financial need
• TSER employees, volunteers, and their relatives
Most Important Selection Criteria:
• Your story
• Activism/contributions to the trans community
• Financial need
• Written application components
Least Important Selection Criteria:
• Year in college
Click here to view 2016 scholarship information.