After months of rumors, Trump is set to sign a “religious liberty” executive order allowing discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and many other groups tomorrow. A leaked draft of the bill stated that it covers “any organization, including closely held for-profit corporations” in nearly every aspect of our day-to-day lives: “when providing social services, education, or healthcare; earning a living, seeking a job, or employing others; receiving government grants or contracts; or otherwise participating in the marketplace, the public square, or interfacing with Federal, State or local governments.”
- Transgender students could be banned from using bathrooms
- It could become impossible to establish queer/trans student clubs and organizations
- Transgender staff and faculty members could be fired
- Teachers could refuse to educate their trans pupils
- Colleges could refuse to admit trans students
Please considering donating to help us build momentum fighting these transphobic laws.